7 Things You Need To Know About the New Daft Punk Album.
Daft Punk’s upcoming album Random Access Memories, which comes out on May 21, is one of the most anticipated of 2013. Aside from a series of ads on Saturday Night Live, Daft Punk’s Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo promoted the album by speaking exclusively to Rollingup plenty of details on the project, ranging from sequins to Michael Jackson.
1. There is only one sample on the entire album.
2. The musicians on the album have recorded with Michael Jackson, Herbie Hancock, and Eric Clapton.
3. Pharell offered to play tambourine on the new album.
4. Some of the songs were recorded at Jimi Hendrix’s Electric Lady studio in New York City.
5. While working on the album, Daft Punk also helped Kanye West record for his next project.
6. Hedi Slimane of Saint Laurent designed Daft Punk’s new sequined outfits.